Erik J. Ehrhart
Principal, Valuation Analyst
Erik is a Co-Founder and Principal of BEAR Business Valuation LLC. Previously, Erik worked as a business valuation analyst at Business Equity Appraisal Reports, Inc., and its sister companies Business Value Group, LLC (BVG) and ValuePlan, LLC, starting in January 2012. He is a Certified Public Accountant registered in California and holds an Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification and is Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations (CEIV) from the American Institute of CPAs.
He has prepared over 1,500 valuations over his 11 years in the business. His appraisal experience includes projects related to tax, estate and gift, and financial reporting and includes 409(A), goodwill impairment, fractional-interest discounts, mergers and acquisitions, C-to-S-corporation built-in gain calculations, ESOPs, and intellectual property valuations.
Erik has conducted appraisals in the following industries: technology companies in the US and China, auto dealerships, construction general contractors and sub contractors, real estate holding, food service, engineering, consulting, manufacturing, distribution, and entertainment among many others. These projects have included clients from several industries who have revenues from hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions of dollars.
- BS in Financial Services from CSU Chico
- BS in Accounting from CSU Chico
Certifications and Membership Associations
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations (CEIV) with the American Institute of CPAs
- Accredited Member (AM) with the American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Certified Public Accountant
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Erik has been involved in hundreds of hours of continuing education and remains current with continuing education requirements of the California Society of CPAs and the AICPA.